Did You Know…
- You don’t have to be wealthy to make a significant gift to The Shelter?
- Making an estate plan doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive?
Gift plans create opportunities for both our donors and The Shelter. In fact, just one “creative gift” can return an immediate tax deduction for you and long-term financial support to The Shelter. That’s right, you benefit and The Shelter benefits… If that isn’t creative, we’d like to know what is.
Discover the Benefits of Giving Wisely
Financial advisors call these creative techniques “planned gifts” because with thoughtful planning, you can turn personal giving into win-win solutions for you and The Shelter. See full brochure
Determining what gift is right for you is just as important as making the gift. There are many options from which you can choose. The correct plan for you balances what you wish to accomplish for yourself, your family, and The Shelter in your overall estate and financial plans. Compare your options
Creative Gifts Anyone Can Afford
- Gifts by check or cash – If you itemize income tax deductions on your tax return, the first tangible benefit of making a gift by cash or check is the tax deduction for the full value of your gift.
- Gifts that pay you for life – A charitable gift annuity is attractive because it ensures you a stream of income that you can’t outlive.
- Memorial Gifts – A gift given in honor of someone special is a lasting tribute to the important part he or she plays in your life.
- Gifts by Will or Living Trust: Give to The Shelter without affecting your cash flow during your lifetime.
- Gifts of Retirement Plans: Name The Shelter as beneficiary of your retirement plan, leaving less-taxed assets for your heirs.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Increase your ability to make a significant gift to The Shelter without dipping into your capital assets.
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities: The IRS allows you one of its most significant tax breaks for gifts of appreciated securities. Buy low and give high—while avoiding capital gains tax.
To discuss establishing a planned gift for The Shelter, contact Senior Development Officer Tamika Seaton at 239.775.3862 or email email@example.com