Do you have services beyond emergency shelter?
The Shelter provides a wide range of programs and services, all confidential and offered free of charge.
Food, clothing, toiletries, school uniforms, laundry detergent, birthday gifts, shoes, bed linens, hair cuts and all the items you use in your home are provided to our residents at no cost. In addition to providing some $837,452 worth of direct assistance to residential and outreach program participants annually, we also provide a comprehensive set of programs and services, including (but not limited to):
- Confidential 24-hour crisis line 239.775.1101
- Safety planning for children and adults
- Cell phone recycling program (phones for emergency 911 calls only)
- Counseling and support groups in English and Spanish for children and adults
- Six Transitional Housing Cottages to assist victims as they move from emergency shelter into the community at-large
- “Hands Are for Helping”, healthy relationships, dating violence and related in-school and community education programs
- Gentle-men Against Domestic Violence, Elder Abuse and Women of Means programs
- Court advocacy
- Human trafficking services
- Healing Arts Program