Planned Giving Advisory Council
Jennifer Gebeau, Chair
Rachel Kerlek, Member
Keely Morton, Member
The Council meets three times a year at times that are convenient for its members.
The Planned Giving Advisory Council is charged with the responsibility of:
- Fostering the growth of contributions to The Shelter for Abused Women & Children by understanding and advocating the mission, vision, and funding priorities of The Shelter.
- Providing expert advice and service in the promotion and development of planned gifts to The Shelter and feedback for the planned giving officer.
- Identifying donor prospects, promoting planned and other gifts, and generally serving as community ambassadors of The Shelter.
The Council is comprised primarily of legal, financial, accounting, insurance, marketing, and real estate professionals whose professional endeavors would complement, support and enhance the planned giving initiatives of The Shelter.
- Provide advice and counsel to The Shelter staff and other Council members on contemporary issues related to financial and estate planning, tax accounting and planning, investments, insurance, real estate, and planned giving opportunities.
- Possess a basic knowledge of and be able to articulate The Shelter’s mission, vision and strategic priorities to fellow professionals, clients, prospective donors to The Shelter for Abused Women & Children, and members of the community at-large.
- Provide counsel in the promotion of planned giving awareness and techniques and the periodic review of planned gift acceptance and administration.
- Help Shelter staff educate and cultivate other local legal, financial, insurance, and real estate professionals to be advocates for the financial support of The Shelter.
- Identify and refer prospects for planned and outright giving to The Shelter.
- Attend three meetings per year.
- Contribute financially to The Shelter.
For more information, contact Tamika Seaton, Senior Development Officer, at 239-775-3862 ext. 217 or email Tamika at Tseaton@naplesshelter.org.Leave a Legacy