Join The Shelter Guild
History of The Shelter Guild
The Shelter Guild was formed in 2004 by Board of Trustee members Fran Luessenhop Usher and Barbara Jordan. Since its inception, it has grown from 60 original members to over 250 active members and continues to grow each year.
The mission of the Guild
The Shelter Guild’s mission is to recruit Ambassadors from the community and provide volunteers to support The Shelter’s programs and services; promote its friendraising and fundraising activities; and assist The Shelter in building the revenue of The Shelter Options Shoppe through donations of furniture, household accessories and gently used clothing from the community.
Responsibilities of a Shelter Guild Member
- Serve as an ‘Ambassador for The Shelter’ to educate the community about eliminating domestic violence and saving and building lives by “mending broken hearts with hope.”
- Attend 2 out of 3 Shelter Guild meetings each season.
- Agree to serve on a committee of your choice.
- Spread the word about Options and how critical it is to the work of The Shelter, encourage friends to donate clothing, furniture and household accessories to Options.
- Spread the word about the good work of The Shelter.
- Volunteer for the “Mending Broken Hearts with Hope” Luncheon.
- Invite friends to join you in your commitment to The Shelter.
- Attend the “Mending Broken Hearts with Hope” Luncheon or contribute the amount equal to the luncheon ticket each year ($350).
- Take a tour of The Shelter and The Shelter Options Shoppe.
- Serve 24 hours of volunteer time per year
For more information on becoming a member of The Shelter Guild, contact Susan Utz at 239.775.3862 ext. 261 or firstname.lastname@example.org