The Gentle’men Against Domestic Violence® (GADV) initiative was established in 2008 with The Shelter’s first men’s-only luncheon. The success of this first luncheon led to the creation on an ongoing, ground-breaking initiative which calls on men to stand as equal partners with women to prevent and end domestic violence in our community.
Each year, GADV hosts the Men’s Tailgate Party as a fundraiser to support The Shelter’s Raising Gentle’men program, which is presented in public schools and after-school programs throughout Collier County. Raising Gentle’men’s eight-week curriculum promotes gender equality and prevents domestic violence. Activities are based on a holistic approach that seeks to educate for social change. Boys replace stereotypical ideas of men as controlling, aggressive and gaining power through violence with the idea that men can be gentle, compassionate and kind without risking their identities.
The GADV continues to attract participation from men of all ages in the community, get involved today! For more information, contact Tamika Seaton at 239.775.3862 ext. 217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join GADV – Member Benefits
The support we seek is an annual contribution of $250 which includes:
- Participation and relaxation at our annual Signature Men’s Event . . .
- Opportunity to attend the annual GADV meeting to learn about the progress and outcomes of our outreach GADV programs and spread the word to your friends and neighbors.
- Opportunity to tour The Shelter for Abused Women & Children and learn about its good work!
- Opportunity to participate in a three-hour domestic violence training session at The Shelter to learn about the challenges we face going forward.
- A GADV lapel pin to proudly wear in your support of the program.